Thursday, October 25, 2007

our grandfather's death

The title of this entry, actually it's a situation that gave me a lot of mixed emotions, fears and uncertaties. It's not the death of my grandfather that concerned us most but its implication that our relatives and friends should meet and unite to mourn for our grandfather's death.

By the way, my grandfather spend his last days in my parent's house where we, Zhel and I, are currently staying. So it is where the wake was also done.

Our aunts and uncles including our cousins will surely come which will definitely put us in a "hot-seat" situation, therefore, I convinced myself to be courageous and i told myself "I will face them all!" Fortunately, no "hot-seat" situation arose untill my grandpa was brought to his last destination. Only when after my grandpa's burial when I was put to a "hot-seat" when my youngest uncle came asking money for my grandpa's headstone because he invited my closest male cousin to drink. The three of us drink. My uncle said that, "What happened to us, Zhel & I, was not right and it degraded our clan's reputation and even more to my parent's. But they said, it already happened and there's nothing we can do to reverse it, so let it be. Just promise not to let it happen again." Then I said, "Thank you for accepting it and we had a deal not to let it happen again in any other generations to come..." A big relief!!!

Anyway, Zhel has just gave birth to a healthy baby girl with no abnormalities so far, last September 29, 2007. Her name is Sophi. In addition, our grandpa, on my father's side, died last October 9, 2007.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have same situation with you..sana matulungan mo din kmi ng cousin ko...five years na po kami..

Jewelcei Angelique said...

Hi, you know we almost had the same situation ang yung nagcomment sa blog mo.
I also had that kind of situation. My cousin is my boyfriend and we're 5 yrs now. We really now struggling in our relationship. I really don't know what to do. And I don't want to loose him.